Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Uncommon Cold Part 3

And NOW Your Throat Is Sore 


We are layering here. All the methods I have mentioned in Parts 1 and 2 are assumed to be in place before we move on to this next group of home remedies.

We can start with rubbing Rescue Cream over your throat area several times per day, and over your lymph nodes under your ears and jaw if they seem to be getting involved (they will feel tender if they are.


Gargling with dilute salt water (you can even add a few drops of Rescue Remedy to the salt water0, or a good diluted mouth wash, is protocol that nearly everyone is aware of (at least the gargling part).  There are also neat sprays now to spray directly on your throat--colloidal silver is excellent as a true "germ killer". See my link about colloidal silver if you are unfamiliar with it's dynamite  anti bacterial and anti viral properties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

As an aside, I am suggesting and use myself, colloidal silver rarely. Perhaps four times per day for no more than a week on a sore throat. And that occurrence is no more than once per year. I have used colloidal silver off and on for decades and have heard of people taking so much of it that it affected the pigment of their skin. I let you decide on your need for it and your possible reaction to it. But as with everything, I am never suggesting continued high doses of anything. That is not balance, that is not health, and if you are, whatever you are doing, obviously, that is not working if you need so much of it so often.



The Lion pose--a wide open face "pose" that  I learned in yoga was added to my repertoire for healing an entrenched sore throat. Here's a link to what I am talking about for you who are unfamiliar:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-practice-lion-yoga-pose-254580/
and
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-do-lion-pose-150940/

It seems to me that it increases the circulation to the area--which is what gargling also does, and this pose seemed to be the extra kick I needed  ( I WAS gargling) to assist my body's desire to be well.


Treat the patient not the disease.--  Dr. Edward Bach

*All articles, including "The Medicine Cabinet" articles, provide suggestions for various alternative possibilities for self help. Consulting with conventional medical practitioners is always understood as an avenue of healing which goes without saying, nor need for suggestion in our articles,  and our suggestions are never implying  that you should pursue health without conventional methods as also one of your choices, decisions and privileges as you pursue optimum health for yourself and loved ones.We take no responsibility for your decisions  and personal choices in your pursuit of your  health.